Thursday, May 21, 2009

Consolation Prize

If I wrote a post and won a prize what would it be? Should the prize reflect the amount of effort I put in? In any case my prize would probably be a moldy sock or maybe a rotten box of crackers. Although most bloggers are interested in dispensing there thoughts and ideas into the world wide web, simply I'm not. I cannot begin to imagine why anyone feels the need to upload their thoughts 24/7. When I see people doing this on websites such as Facebook or Myspace I often wonder whats going through their minds that make them want to announce to the world that they are "happy" or "making toast". The obvious response is that nobody cares. Will anyone even read this? Does it matter is I post this or not? Sure my ideas are now circulating around the web but what does it matter, this post isn't going to cure cancer, its not going to feed people that are starving and dying. In fact I think that this blog has absolutely no importance at all. But don't get me wrong, I understand what blogs are doing, and i realize that without blogs free thought would be restrained. But in a world of abundant political correctness where speech isn't free, why say anything at all. We all know that if we said what we really wanted to say the world would likely be "disincorporated". Why do we parade around as if we are at liberty to perform and yet in actuality were just dancing around like a puppet on strings. What prize should I receive for this post? Was there anything worth reading again? Does your mind feel somehow enlightened? I know what my prize would be, but what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment